Saturday, January 20, 2007

I have never met a pecan-crusted anything I didn't like. So I thought I"d post this recipe I found on the Honeysuckle White Web site (www.honeysucklewhite.com). In all fairness, I need to admit I have not tried this recipe yet - but I will be trying in next week and will post a short review of it at that time. There are quite a few calories per serving, so I'll most likely be altering the recipe somehow to make it a little more diet-friendly. Enjoy!

Pecan Crusted Tenderloin

Servings: 4
Estimated TimesPreparation Time: 00:15Total Time: 00:45

Ingredients1 package Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast Tenderloins 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled2 shallots, minced1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil1/2 cup sherry1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 teaspoon black pepper1 cup pecans, finely chopped1/2 cup bread crumbs

Instructions:Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut each turkey tenderloin in half horizontally to make a thinner piece of meat. Place tenderloin between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a meat tenderizer mallet to an even thickness. Sauté garlic and shallots in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add sherry, salt, pepper and remove from heat Dip tenderloin pieces in the garlic and shallot mixture, covering each side, and then dip into the chopped pecans mixed with bread crumbs. Place the tenderloins on a lightly greased shallow baking pan and drizzle remaining garlic shallot mixture on top. Bake on baking sheet for 30 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink and reaches an internal temperature of 170°F.

Nutrition Facts
Serving size:
7.2oz/204.0g
Calories per serving:
446
Calories from fat
216
Total fat:
24 g
Saturated fat:
2 g
Cholesterol:
71 mg
Sodium:
448 mg
Carbohydrate:
19 g
Fiber Carbs:
3 g
Sugar Carbs:
3 g
Protein:
33 g

No comments: