Monday, June 04, 2007

Meal planning sucks. I don't like it. How do I know if I'm going to be in the mood for spaghetti on Tuesday when I'm writing the plan on Sunday? But, like it or not, it is something I really should be doing....something that will save us money. And THAT is something I'm going to have to work on so we can comfortably afford a new house payment (have I mentioned we are getting our house ready to sell? ha.)

Anyway - I struggle with meal ideas...especially since I"m trying to work my way through the pantry/fridge. Lunch ideas are the worst. So, as embarrassing as some of these choices may be, I'm posting them. They don't seem very healthy - and they don't seem very creative...but I think I"m not alone with these types of meals. Please feel free to share your meal ideas - better or worse!

Monday lunch: Chicken nuggets, Schwan's Quik Taters, Yogurt
Monday dinner: Hamburger/Rice Casserole, peas, watermelon

Tuesday lunch: Cold meat sandwiches, chips, carrot sticks
Tuesday dinner: Spaghetti

Wednesday lunch: left-over spaghetti
Wednesday dinner: Pancakes & bacon - served with fruit side

Thursday lunch: Hamburger Helper, fruit cup
Thurday dinner: Tuna Melts

Friday lunch: Mac & Cheese & Hot Dogs
Friday dinner: Pizza

1 comment:

Cecilia de la Rocha said...

Hi there - I feel your pain!! That's why I developed a website with 3 partners to take away the angst of planning our meals in advance. We are now able to boost we can each make healthy meals and have plenty of variety. Please check us out at www.wovenfare.com. If you like it please contact us and tell us what you think! All the best - Cecilia de la Rocha