Saturday, February 02, 2008

What A Day

I've spent the last two days trying to create a Family Chore Chart to help us get our lives in order (sharin' the cleaning love). I've Googled my little heart out trying to find the right system for us (how about - you see something that needs to be done, please just DO IT!) but no luck. I thought chorebuster.net was going to be great - but I screwed it up and there is not a "create new" or "start over" or "clear all" button...and editing every single item would take me years. SO...back to the drawing board (meanwhile the dust is still collecting and the laundry is still piling up).

Grant started cereal this week and has taken IMMEDIATELY to the whole eating concept (wonder who is Mom is?). He doesn't push it out with his tongue like babies new to the spoon usually do - he sucks it right off of there and smacks his lips in-between bites. I snapped a few pictures of his mid-day meal (excuse the nasty left eye - tear duct still clogged and that makes gross eye stuff and the appearance of a smaller eye on that side - it'll go away...eventually).

The kids were a HANDFUL today! I desperately needed some alone time - and they sensed it - BIG TIME. So that meant Lauren was a tantrum-throwing, roller-blading trouble-maker and Grant didn't sleep at all this afternoon....AT. ALL. grrr. But in-between crying fits, he spent some time playing with Bailey and sitting on his Daddy's shoulders.


I didn't get the chore chart done. I didn't get the laundry done. I didn't get my scrapbook stuff organized for my scrapping weekend next weekend. I didn't get Valentine's Day cookies made. I didn't get ANYTHING done. Oh well. Someday that's ALL I'll have to do...and I bet I'll hate it.

No comments: