Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Belated Valentine's Day! It's been awhile since I've posted because the minivan has been in carpool overdrive! It seems like we are always on the go! Dance class, show choir rehearsal, track practice, preschool, church - it's been busy, busy, busy!

I wanted to post a few things I've been working on lately. First up is a basic appliqued t-shirt I made for Lauren for her preschool's Valentine's Day party.
I was up late the night before, so I didn't have a chance to sew around it - but it held VERY well! I even washed it accidentally before sewing and it is still holding TIGHT! Because of that - not going to sew it. =-) The best part about this project was cutting the fabric hearts out with my Cricut! Who knew?! I found a tutorial on Youtube and it worked great! I had to readjust the cut settings once - but after that - worked like a charm! Here's the tutorial.
Next up - leg warmers for my pre-ballet girl.
I found adult knee socks at Target in the 50% off Valentine's Day merchandise. I would have rather waited until they were 90% off, but I knew I wanted to try this project, so I didn't want to risk it. $2.50 for the pair. I think they turned out pretty darn cute, don't you think? I found the easy tutorial HERE.


And finally, my little man playing with his favorite toys. He lines them up, zooms them around, puts them back in the case, lines them up again...hours of entertainment!



I also made a simple project for my Grandma but I'll post pics of that later.

Gotta go! Off to dance class!









No comments: