Sunday, February 25, 2007

Freezing rain, heavy, wet snow and a stiff wind make for a power outage situation. As soon as the sleet started I began praying that the power would stay on at our house. I can't imagine no power with a toddler and an 11-yr-old! No TV, no computer, no heat, no way to cook, no lights. It was at this moment of thought that I realized I am more addicted to Dora than Lauren! Yikes!
Thankfully, our power stayed on last night, and I woke up to a BEAUTIFUL winter landscape that made me take in a deep breath, thank God for His handiwork and relish in the divine beauty of the moment. (Cue record screech sound). And then I remembered we'd have to dig out of this. Ugh. And I do mean dig - this snow is so wet and heavy, I don't think the snow blower will be able to handle it. It is back-breaking snow that is meant to be enjoyed from the other side of the window.