Sunday, July 01, 2007

I, Jodi....am a control freak. I didn't THINK I was...but this being the 2nd Open House Sunday where I'm sitting here, peering out the window awaiting potential buyers for our home, I realize I am TOTALLY a control freak! If there ever was a scenario where you have absolutely no control - it is during the hours of your Open House. I can advertise in every known media outlet, I can handout flyers to everyone I know and post them everywhere I go....but whether or not you'll have zero, one or 25 potential buyers through your home during your Open House is completely and totally not up to you! And....as a newly self-proclaimed control freak...I HATE THAT!

I know we have a great house. I know we have it priced very fairly. I know I've done everything I can do....and I know it has only been "for sale" for a couple weeks. But the self-doubt settles in when you are waiting for Open House guests. Too bad there isn't anything to clean to pass the time. Maybe that's making me mad too....because my family and I have spent HOURS cleaning and tidying and doing it all over again the following week.

So, now is the time to put faith first. Of course I know that this is in God's hands. And we have prayed that His will be done in ALL of this. But ok if I pray that God's will is to get a buyer here TODAY with an offer in-hand so I can get moved and settled well before this baby comes? =-)

Control freak....signing off.

No comments: