Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm so far behind! There's been so much going on and I haven't written about ANY of it. First of all....have I mentioned we are getting a puppy? Friends and family think we are insane. Don't they know I arrived at insanity months and months ago? This is not a new thing! We'll be picking up "Maggie" in less than two weeks. She's an apricot cockapoo...and she's CUTE! I plan to use the bell method - here's hoping it works well...and fast!

Here's a picture of Maggie:

Also less than two weeks to go before my Grandparents and aunt & uncle come to visit for Easter. This will be the first time they've been to our new home and that means I have A LOT to do. Last week I painted the dining room. I had a subtle gray/blue in mind...but it turned out a much brighter blue. I think I'm going to like it ok, but for many days it was a love/hate relationship. =-) Anyway - at least it is painted - done and done! But now the neutral builder paint in the formal living room looks very pink somehow...so I guess I'm going to have to paint that sooner than I thought too. ugh...so much to do. Here's how the dining room turned out: I had recently recovered my seat cushions in a darker sage green...and I REALLY don't want to have to recover them again, so i'm trying to find a way to pull in sage green in other places so it looks like the seats SHOULD be green. ha. i'm not sure i'm going to be able to pull it all off. i'd love to find a rug for under the table that has blues and greens in it...something maybe a little contemporary but not too wild?

Mark had minor surgery on tendons in his forearm on Friday and his birthday was Saturday. Lauren helped me bake and decorate a cake. She really loves helping out in the kitchen! I'll post pictures of the lame-o looking cake and of the b-day boy later.

BIG to-do list for tomorrow. i hope I can get to it all!!!

No comments: