Tuesday, April 29, 2008
If this post is upsetting to you - if you think it is disrespectful....please know it is was JUST a joke (kinda). Now - for a little fun...please post comments on the photos below - leave me a fitting caption for each!
Monday, April 28, 2008
* Haircut/color (I really think hair places should be open on Mondays. If I owned one it WOULD be open on Mondays to steal business away from all of those places that are closed on Mondays). I haven't had a cut since Christmas-time. This is what is called "letting yourself go" by the way.
* Paint. This one makes me laugh while I'm typing it...but one can dream. I really want to paint the entryway to our home. I haven't really liked the color since I painted it three years ago.
* Organize. Again - laughing. I want to organize cupboards and drawers!
* Laundry. I want to get ALL of the laundry done! This is a doable goal I think...if I ignore the first three items on the list that is.
* Scrapbook. I put this on my list every stinkin' week...and every stinkin' week I don't get to do it. Still....it needs to know that I'm thinkin' of it...all of that beautiful paper and adhesive and piles of photos...they need to know that I still love them.
* Cook as little as possible. Totally doable. I'm stickin' to this one!
* Work. It must be done...at least 10 hours this week.
* Rearrange Lauren's room. Maybe.
* Attend Bailey's track meet. It is really going to depend on the weather - but I just hate missing these things even if she says she doesn't care. I think every kid wants an audience, don't you?
* Clean master bedroom closet and sort through other items for garage sale (MUST!)
Ok - there's a lot more...but I know you're already laughing your heads off. I am too.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Friday, April 25, 2008
Ok, so I"m not a transvestite...but if you looked at my feet, you might wonder. Before kids I wore a women's size 11. After kids, a 12 WIDE. (Hold the Sasquatch jokes, please). This is a horrible predicament for a woman. Shoe shopping has NEVER been an enjoyable experience for me. IF a store carries my size, they tend to be the most hideous looking shoes - ever. There's the whole men's shoe solution, but what woman wants to wear Men's shoes?
Last night around Midnight I completely and totally rammed my foot into the glider ottoman in the baby's room. My little toe was bent outward and upward in an awkward position and I was (am) in pain! Now, the toe is either broken or dislocated and footwear is not really an option at all right now. I know doctors can't really do anything for a broken toe except maybe tape it....but I think I'm going to go see a doctor because I"m afraid it will heal in this jetted outward position...thus making Amazon foot even WIDER and harder to fit. (sigh).
Life is so not fair. I want to wear cute strappy sandals with kitten heels, but noooooo...I have to wear shoes that my husband slips on to get the mail. NOT RIGHT! So off I go this morning to the doctor - where I"ll hang my head low, embarrassed of my large and now swollen foot....hoping they believe I'm a woman and not a transvestite. Actually, it would be nice to know a fashionable transvestite...because the first thing I'd ask is where do you buy your cute shoes??
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Monday, April 21, 2008
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Friday, April 18, 2008
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Then on Sunday morning we led the music set for the 9:30 service at church. It was our first time doing this together - just the two of us. We had a nice time. After church we ate lunch and watched this and love it! A total chick flick but LOVED it.
Then Mark went to pick up our new (used) computer armoire that I found off the classified for $75! BARGAIN! Now we begin the process of cleaning out the old desk - not fun.
That pretty much sums it up! It was a fabulous weekend, despite the freezing wind and SNOW FLURRIES on Saturday (don't get me started), but Sunday proved to be sunny at least...and today makes up for all of that. The only thing that could have made it better was if Brothers & Sisters would have been on with a new episode Sunday night. Oh well..THIS WEEK!!!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
After she finished her cookie snack, Lauren asked me "Mommy? I want another cookie, please." I told her no....to which she asked again..."I want another cookie please?" Seeing where this was going, I said...No more cookies, Lauren - they're all gone." To which the child said..."I want to see the bag."
A Mom should be able to outsmart them beyond 2 1/2 years, shouldn't she? Something is wrong here.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
* hair dryer - seriously - how many places could a hair dryer hide?
* orange hooded Aero sweatshirt w/monkey on it
* my favorite jeans (and i only own 3 pair anyway)
* Gretchen Wilson CD checked out from library...in August...been searching since then
* my mind!
Things found at our home:
* The formerly missing Evita DVD rented from Family Video - found along w/5 other DVDs in the VCR slot.....LAUREN!!!
* Lots of miscellaneous adapters, chargers and other types of cords - no idea what they go to
* sippy cup with solid white substance in it.....now in garbage
* expired coupons
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
Monday, April 07, 2008
After Home Depot we went here and perused the Children's books (by far my favorite section). We ended up picking up my next book club book for a friend and a couple sweet children's books for my 4-yr-old half-brother (yeah - don't ask).
Bailey babysat on Saturday - two separate jobs that kept her gone for 13 hours....but worth it...she made over $100 for the day. She spent the rest of the weekend at online retailers "shopping" for her spring/summer wardrobe purchases. Oh, man....the memories....remember when your money was YOURS?
We watched several movies this weekend. I found this rental store and I was able to get 6 movies (2 kids movies, which are FREE...ALWAYS)...and then 4 regular movies and my total was five dollars and change. Un-be-leeeee-vable! We watched this and this and this.
We also CLEANED! All of us...everyone pitched in - cleaned their "zone" and we done in no time! It wasn't deep cleaning...but it was general pick-up and what a difference it made in my life! Thank you family!!! Let's do it again!
I tried to find a picture of the Amana gas grill Mark picked out for himself - but no dice. But let me show you what I DID find....how awesome is THIS?
Anyway - a great weekend. We relaxed, we enjoyed...AND we accomplished. It doesn't get any better.
Thursday, April 03, 2008
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
We went to this fabulous french bistro near downtown. After I ordered my first glass of wine in...oh...three years? I knew my $25 budget wasn't going to hold up. But man - that wine was goo-ooood! I ordered the Bistro burgers (two 4 oz. sheeder farm & niman ranch burgers served on toasted brioche-poppyseed buns with lettuce, tomato and white truffle mayo. with parmesean pommes frites and homemade ketchup) - $19. I ordered a small side salad with house bleu cheese dressing - $5 (i think). DE-LISH!! And then...everyone ELSE ordered dessert....so I didn't want to be wierd or anything, right? So I ordered the flourless chocolate torte (OH. MY. GOODNESS. God must be French because that was totally a piece of heaven on my plate)....$7
Then you add in the tip and my bill came to a whopping $49 & change! EEK! But I haven't forgotten you, Dave Ramsey....today I'm looking around to see what I can sell. That's how ya do it, right? =-)
It was Rebecca's turn to present book choices...and she began by presenting The Princess Diaries and then a romance novel...(and I was so excited! I thought...hey! I might actually have a chance to READ that one! Woo-hoo!)....but clever Becky....April Fool! On to the real books...
The book we chose to read and discuss next time is: The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls.
Now back to selling stuff to make up for my $$$$ meal last night. Oh well - nice fancy french bistro dinner? $50....an evening out of the house with good friends, good books and no diaper changing, no baths, no cleaning up after dinner.....PRICELESS.