Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A decision I"m sure I'll live to regret...but I decided to make Play-Dough this afternoon while Lauren napped. It SOUNDS like a fun idea - but even before I've made it, I'm having thoughts of that dreadful stuff stuck in the carpeting, in her hair, etc. But hey - what's childhood without homemade Play-Dough, right? Here's the recipe:

Traditional Play Dough
1 cup flour
1 cup warm water
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon oil
1/4 cup salt
food coloring
Mix all ingredients, adding food coloring last. Stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from pan and knead until blended smooth. Place in plastic bag or airtight container when cooled. Will last for a long time.

2 comments:

Cole Hanson said...

Thanks!

Did she eat the play-dough yet?

Tastes like chicken?

The Mom of 'em said...

ummm.yeah...turns out that you actually DO need the cream-of-tartar that the recipe calls for. Super-Mom turned LOSER! =-)