Friday, October 17, 2008

It's been two weeks since I've posted. I'm sure by now I've lost the one or two readers I had. =-( Life has been so crazy around here. We entered a purchase agreement on a new house, began picking out new flooring, countertops, bath fixtures, appliances, etc. (which all took time), collected quotes from installers....and then waited....and waited...and waited to close. First we waited on the title search. Finally that came back last Friday. We thought closing would be any day after that. We were wrong. Then we thought the latest it could be was the deadline for close in our contract...which was Wednesday. Wrong again.

Apparently the seller has a bit of a situation that needs to be resolved first. We have an agreement that it will be resolved promptly so we can close. We thought maybe it would be as soon as yesterday - nope. Maybe today? Nope...banker out of town today. (thanks for telling us in advance). Guess next week?

So - we are behind schedule before we've even begun. nice. We've already had to reschedule Mid-American twice....had to reschedule the sod/grading guy....the plumber....ugh.

So in the meantime I'm trying to pack the things we don't HAVE to use in the next month or so....but it would sure be a lot more motivating to do so if we had the closing behind us.

I'll try to blog more often now - I've missed my blog-therapy. I NEED my blog-therapy!

I also have to take pictures of the things I need to sell before we move (an oak armoir/dresser, a scanner, a micro-fiber chair, etc.). I also have several car-loads for Goodwill. So glad they moved it 800 miles from my home. So convenient now. NOT.

If anyone is reading this - thanks for sticking with me. I'm sorry I have been MIA. I'll do better.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I don't think anyone is going to be upset you haven't blogged amidst the craziness.

Just remember all the hard work you've put in to selling and the reward you're going to get when this all finishes. You'll forget about all the blood, sweat, and tears when you're finally in and settled and it will all be worth it!

Also - I realized this morning that the pond we're doing pictures at Saturday morning is the same pond Adam and I had wedding pictures taken at. Crazy.

Tracy DeLuca said...

Hey! I was wondering how it was going with you.... good luck with getting everything settled down.