Thursday, June 07, 2007


SHWEW! What a day! Today was carpet stretching/cleaning day...yet another step toward the for sale by owner sign in the front yard. The carpet guy arrived at 8:30 a.m. He has some sort of fancy machinery in his carpet-cleaning magic van that he runs into the house via hoses....fine...but today the humidity felt like 10,000 lbs. sitting on top of me...and because he needed the door open so his hoses could run into the living room...well...it was pregnancy HELL today!

That, combined with Bailey & I trying to keep Lauren corraled in the basement and out of the carpet guy's way and OFF the clean carpet...ugh. We finally gave up and took her across the street to the neighbor's trampoline...she and Bailey had a BLAST!

When we returned, here's what we found....NO STAINS! Tomorrow night the furniture comes back inside. I highly recommend the carpet service we used. Commander Carpet Care (www.commandercarpetcare.com). They were professional, friendly, competent, helpful and the bill EXACTLY matched the quote we were given. Very reasonable.


Because we had to move virtually everything for the carpet cleaners, I had the computer unplugged all day. (WITHDRAWAL!!!) Not the best timing, considering I had just posted roughly 10 billion items on Craig's List (http://desmoines.craigslist.org/bab/) just the day before. So already behind on replying to interested buyers.


But no time to hook up the computer, because off we go to Bailey's softball game...the first of many in the end of season tournament.
























But after getting back online tonight and going through the 60+ emails I received today, I began reading today's posts from some of my favorite blogs. To my surprise, I found that I had won a $10 gift certificate to Heather Ann Designs (http://www.heatheranndesigns.com/). And just for playing a fun baby-name-guessing game on my virtual friend's blog. Thanks, Heather!

Tomorrow brings an even busier day filled with more cleaning so I can get the final room pics I need for the house flyer. Wish me luck!




No comments: