Wednesday, August 04, 2010

I LOVE the Iowa State Fair! I grew up at county/state fairs and it brings back mostly fond memories for me. My first real internship was in the PR/Marketing department at the Iowa State Fair back in the early....ummm...well it was my first internship..that's all you need to know. Iowa has one of the BEST Fairs around...hands-down. Unfortunately, the older I get and the more kids I have in-tow, the less I find myself there. I think if it were held in early June or maybe late September I'd go lots! But mid-August? HOT! HUMID! HOT! It's worth it though. If you haven't been, or haven't been in awhile - I encourage you to go. If you are a Fair-regular....make a special effort to check out something new this year. There is soooo much - you'll never see it all in a day. So, in honor of our state's GREAT Fair, I have created a sculpture of myself out of butter. (Totally genius idea, Midwest Dairy Association!). Try it for yourself! http://apps.facebook.com/butterfy/

No comments: