Thursday, October 04, 2007

I'm BAAAAACK! Well, sort of. I took the week off while adjusting to life with a newborn again. There have been sooo many things I've wanted to blog - but just didn't have the energy...plus probably not a great idea to blog while on Percocet. ha. It is hard to believe that Grant has been with us for one whole week now....hard to imagine life without him now. The adjustment has been easier than I imagined (so far)...the girls ADORE him, his Daddy & I ADORE him....and he's a really good baby (again - so far). I seem to remember that at about the 2 week mark something inside of the baby switches and that sweet, sleeping and eating and quiet alert baby changes to less sleeping and fussier....so I'm trying to hold on tight to this honeymoon period.

All in all, things have been going great. He sleeps in 3 hour stretches at night (not bad!), eats like a champ and is cuter than all get-out. I've been healing more and more each day. Yesterday I didn't even take all of my doses of pain killers...although by the end of the day I was regretting it. I learned that when I feel really good...to still act like I don't...because I think I over-did it yesterday. Oh well - live and learn. Life is better with the staples out - but I swelled up like a balloon after giving birth - wierd because I didn't swell at all during the entire pregnancy. Dr. says the kidneys are the last organ to figure out I'm not pregnant and I should see my ankles again in a couple days - here's hoping!

Grant came home a little jaundice - and we have to go back to the pediatrician tomorrow to recheck his billirubin levels. I think he's doing better though - looking a little less yellow and eating and awake more now. Other than that - healthy as a horse.

Bailey can't wait to get home from school to hold him, Lauren loves him - but has been acting out in other ways. Hard to tell if she would be doing this anyway - but could be a result of adjusting to the change of having a baby in the house - who knows. In any case, she's become very familiar with the time-out corner this week.

Mark has been home all week too - which has been WONDERFUL! If you've read previous posts, you already know how lucky I am to have him as a husband - but let me just tell you HOW lucky. He changes the baby, he dances with Lauren in the living room, he runs to the store for groceries, he makes lunch, he carries down dirty laundry to the basement, he takes good care of us all.....and all without asking. We are all dreading his return to work next week - still TBD if it will be full-time or part-time from home or what - but in any case, we'll miss him! But, clearly we are not the live off the land type...so it must be done.

Grandma & Grandpa have been wonderful too...they kept Lauren for us the days I was in the hospital and have given us space to adjust to being a family of 5...and are anxiously awaiting our phone call to say we need their help again. They are wonderful and we ALL appreciate and love them so much.

Ok - now some more pictures of my handsome little guy.


4 comments:

jami said...

omg, so cute! i can't get enough of baby grant! please take more pictures of him - pretend your the paparazzi!
love aunt jami

Kelly Moore said...

What a heartbreaker. I see a J. Crew ad in his future for sure!

Designs By Leigha said...

zzvOMG OMG OMG he is so beautiful! Makes me want another one :) I can't wait to see him upclose-- I was really sick this week so I didn't want to get up close and personal :)
Can't wait to see him Tuesday!

ThriftyMommy said...

Congratulations! I like the pic of him in the blue hooded towel. So cute!