Monday, March 05, 2007

Confession - We spend too much money on groceries. This is mostly because I am horrible at meal-planning and we make too many meal decisions as a family at the last minute. This means we usually don't have the ingredients and so we are running to the store at the last minute. This is not only more expensive, but time-consuming!

So, in effort to tighten the pursestrings in the grocery category and to hopefully use up some pantry goods, I am going to really start planning meals...at least dinner. Baby steps.

I thought I'd post our first-week's attempt at this in case you want to join the bandwagon.

Sunday: Tacos
(Supply list: taco shells, hamburger, seasoning, lettuce, cheese, tomato, sour cream)

Monday: BBQ Pizza (See recipe in previous post)
(Supply list: BBQ chicken, pork or beef - the kind that you can buy in a tub, pizza crust (ready-made), cheese, onion)

Tuesday: Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup (I've got book club - so Dad is on his own. I think he can handle this one)

Wednesday: Omelets, Bacon, Toast (Yes, breakfast for dinner - why not?)

Thursday: Baked Chicken and Spinach Stuffing (see http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/showrecipe.aspx?rid=41135 for the recipe...and lots of other good ideas on this Web site, too!)

Friday: At our house - Friday night is frozen pizza night. Yeah! Easy!!

Saturday: Hamburger/Rice Casserole served with corn and peaches (contact me if you want the recipe - easy and good...all you need is hamburger, cream of mushroom soup, cream of celery soup, rice...that's pretty much it!)

I hope I can stick to this!

No comments: