Friday, March 30, 2007

I don't think anyone would argue that the toll of war is huge. Just HOW huge is hard to comprehend if you aren't directly affected. I don't pretend to know exactly which strategy is best for our military, but this can't be it...can it? Stay and fight? Pull out the troops? I don't know. But I DO know that there is a whole generation of young Americans being torn apart by the tragedy called WAR.

I have a friend who teaches at a military base. The MAJORITY of children at that school have a parent (or two) who have been deployed at least once during their lifetime. These children are growing up without their parents. Some are fortunate enough to have them return. But at what cost?

I support our troops. I am grateful for the men and women willing to serve on my behalf. I can't fathom the sacrifices they make. But no matter your stance on Iraq - I can't imagine anyone NOT hoping and PRAYING for the day that they can all come home.

I saw this clip http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=889466da-5eb2-42da-aed6-2edd2b656525&f=00&fg= on The Today Show this morning. I don't care which side of the political coin you sit on....this is heart-wrenching. God be with our nation.


No comments: