Friday, March 16, 2007

I don't like traveling. I like my destinations, but I hate the PROCESS of traveling. It is bad enough when you travel alone, but throw an 18-month old and a pre-teen into the mix and you have a recipe for the opposite of fun.

First, there is the packing - BLUK! And since we aren't just visiting ONE house overnight - I've packed separate bags to hopefully make the in and out process easier (we'll see). And it is March in the Midwest, which means we have to pack for weather conditions in the 70's OR the 20's. Layering, I guess.

And then there are all the baby goods....the pack 'n play, a booster chair, diapers, wipes, sippy cups, bibs, toys, etc. And then my pre-teen will want to pack 6 books instead of one, 12 outfits instead of 4....ugh...I have a migraine already.

Did I mention the laundry? Of course I wasn't caught up with laundry, so I've been doing load after load since yesterday just so we can pack. And then there is the laundry we'll have when we return.

My husband is staying behind for this trip, he has to work next week. But since the kids have Spring Break, and once softball season starts we won't be able to go anywhere - I thought we should take advantage of this time and visit family.

Ok - back to packing - AAGH.

1 comment:

Designs By Leigha said...

I wish I was going somewhere for spring break! My husband has to work too. Two big projects that both need to be completed NEXT WEEK.