Sunday, March 25, 2007

It's Recipe Time again! =-) Today it was hot outside..and I NEVER feel like cooking when it is hot outside (ok - nor do I when it is cold out - but it is a serious problem when it is warm). So, here's a light, cool, EASY meal for those hot nights.

Tuna Tortellini Pasta Salad

1 - 20 oz. pkg. of 3-cheese Tortellini prepared according to pkg. directions and then cooled. (I used the Hy-Vee bag of cheese tortellini - not sure if it was 20 oz. or not - but our family of 4 had tons left over).

1/2 lb. green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces, cooked and cooled. (Yeah - so I didn't have many frozen green beans, so I used what I had, PLUS some frozen mixed veggies I had. I think peas or whatever would be fine in this recipe...but go with the frozen stuff - not canned).

4 green onions, sliced (I left this out).

2 cans solid white tuna in water, drained (I went with one big can)

1 lg. tomato, diced

3/4 C. ripe black olives, sliced (I didn't have these - but they would be good in this recipe if you like olives)

3/4 C. mayo (I used Miracle Whip)

3 T. Balsamic Vinegar

3/4 tsp. celery salt (I left this out too)

Mix it all together and chill. Although it is a pasta salad...it has tuna in it, therefore I count it as a meal. I served it with grilled cheese because I knew Mark & Bailey would complain if they only had a salad on their plate.

No comments: