Friday, June 06, 2008

Bailey left this morning for Washington D.C. She had to be at the airport at 3:20 a.m. for a 5:00 a.m. flight to D.C. (via Minneapolis). Guess who took her? Not me! (duh - no pictures to post).

Honestly I was too afraid of crying - didn't want to ruin it for her (....embarrass her). I'm so excited for her, but am constantly thinking about her. I'm wondering if she made it there ok....if she's lost her money or iPod yet...if she's too tired to enjoy anything this afternoon....if she changed out of her flip-flops into more comfortable shoes (doubt it....especially since I nagged and nagged on that one). I'm wondering if she's taking pictures - and if she'll take pictures of the landmarks and museums she'll be visiting or if she'll come back with 2GBs full of goofy teen-posed pics.

Anyway - I miss her. It is undescribable - that feeling of putting your first-born on a plane without you. I know she's old enough for things like this - but I'm just not very ready for it. I'm pretty sure I'll need therapy when it comes time for dating and college.

1 comment:

Tracy DeLuca said...

My daughter went to DC at the end of her 5th grade year. On a bus. For 4 days... I think it was 4. I was a nervous wreck the entire time. She had a blast.

Deep breaths mom. She will be home soon!