Thursday, August 30, 2007

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY, LAUREN!!!

Wow! Time flew! While the rest of the country/world is reflecting on the 2nd Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, I'm reflecting on the 2nd anniversary of the day you were born. What an absolutely wonderful and perfect gift God gave me in you! It is 7:23 a.m. on the day of your birthday and you are apparently sleeping in today - you're the birthday girl - why not? I'm glad because your pregnant Mommy has a HORRIBLE migraine this morning...went to bed with it...woke up with it. I'm already feeling guilty about that, too. I want today to be exciting and special for you. The truth is - every day is exciting and special for you because you find the joy and beauty in everything. I know this, yet I'm wishing I could take you to Chuck E. Cheese for lunch, or to the zoo this morning...

Instead, it will probably look much like many of your days so far. We need to run to the post office to pick up a package (probably a present from Aunt Marcia!), stop at the grocery store to pick up your Dora cake (be glad I didn't try to make you a character cake - see...THERE'S something special!) - and probably some Dora-watching or Backyardigans-watching on TV followed by a snack and maybe some coloring. It might not be over-the-top special - your birthday - but you are over-the-top loved, Lauren.

I can't wait to sing to you and wish you Happy Birthday when you wake up...and dress you in your "I'm the Birthday Girl" t-shirt. =-) I'll have my camera in-hand...so rest-assured...there will be photographic evidence today is your 2nd birthday.

I love you - my favorite 2-yr-old!

Mom

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How completely CUTE!! My daughter loved those little dinosaurs and other animal figures when she was 2, too - and well into her school age years. They are good "imagination" toys! Congrats and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the little one! ~ Janet