Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My oldest daughter is in Chicago for the week spending some quality (aka SPOILED) time with her aunts. I miss her terribly but am so happy to hear all of the exciting things she is doing and how much fun she is having. She'll be turning 12 on the 21st of this month and I'm busy trying to think of b-day ideas for her while she's gone. It is a hard age - all she really wants is clothes and iTunes money. ha. She usually has a slumber party to celebrate with her friends before school starts, but this year I just don't think I can do it. Between being 8 months pregnant and trying to keep the house clean for potential buyers coming through - I just get a migraine even thinking about a half-dozen pre-teens whooping it up in the house.

SO...I was thinking about a SURPRISE party sometime next week (depending on availability of her friends)...maybe a scavenger hunt-theme at the mall? They would work as a group - be given one list of clues and have to take pictures along the way? Things like Go to the theater and find out what movie is playing at the 7'oclock showing in theater 4? And then they have to take a picture or have someone take their picture in front of the marquee? Go to Chik-Fil-A and get a paper hat? Maybe give them some money and put a few shopping items on there - like Go to a store beginning with the letter "A" and find something you wear that sparkles for under $5? I don't know - still hashing out details. Any ideas? Please weigh-in! I need all the help I can get!

And once that is over - time to plan a 2 yr old party of some sort - her b-day is on the 30th of this month. Again - family planning people - if you learn nothing from me - learn this...having kids with b-days so close together is a pain! And it is HOT - and back-to-school chaos in the mix. ugh.

Ok - now brainstorm scavenger hunt ideas for 12/13 yr olds and leave me comments! Please!

No comments: