Thursday, July 31, 2008

Do you ever just get SOOO excited about a bargain you picked up at the store? Well today I really stuck it to Target, let me tell you. I am so excited I just had to take a picture of the bargains. (Toys are also clearanced but I refrained...despite THREE birthdays coming up). Here's the down-low....or is that low-down. I'm so horrible at little phrases like that. Anyway....

First up? Electrasol (aka "Finish") dishwasher detergent. Right next to the school supply aisles I found this beauty. A 2-pack of the gel tabs I love....that's 50 some loads of dishes. It was normally priced at $6.99, marked down to $4.88. I bought two 2-packs and used two coupons for $2.25 off, plus I had a Target coupon for $1 off. This made it $1.63 a pack because one of the packs actually rang up a dollar cheaper than marked (crazy! That NEVER happens to me!). Pretty far cry from the $6.99 they WERE priced at, don't ya think? woo-hoo!
Next up? Pampers "Easy Ups" (we still use these for the overnight hours). They were originally marked $19.99 for 50-some of them. It was clearanced for $9.99 (no idea why - don't care)...I used $4 in Pampers coupons and voila! 50-some pull-ups for about $6. Yee-ha! If they would have had more boxes I would have scooped them up - even at the $9.99 that would have been a bargain, but I only saw one box.
Next? Dial foam hand soap. I needed a new hand soap for the kitchen. The soap was priced at $1.97. I used a $1.00 off Target coupon and a 60-cent off manufacturer's coupon and BAM! The soap is mine for 37 cents!
And finally? All Small & Mighty laundry detergent. This isn't my brand of choice...but it works. It was priced at $3.79. I used a Target coupon for $1.50 off and then a manufacturer's coupon for $1 off. Total cost of the detergent? $1.29!
Don't get me wrong....my total bill at Target was $76 and change (baby food, shaving stuff, face stuff, other diapers for Grant and an adorable pink tank w/guitars on it for Lauren)....but trust me...without bargains like this my total is ALWAYS $100 or more. The coupon-cutting, sorting, digging...all a pain in the butt....but on days like today - total payoff!!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Good for you! Our grocery store won't let us combine coupons, so I'm always having to dig and figure out what will be the better deal. It sucks.
I love it when I find something on CRAZY sale. It really makes my day

Anonymous said...

You scored! I was at Target yesterday too and spent $93! I thought I did good but you blew it away!! Where do you get all your coupons? The Sunday paper is so limited and once in a blue moon I will get Target coupons. Please share your savings secrets!!

the hortons said...

I love a good sale, but nothing is better than a good sale with coupons! Man, I cannot believe you got Pull-Ups so cheap! If we were even close to potty training I might have gone out specifically for them.

Old Navy had a crazy sale last weekend They brought out some winter stuff, and I got a few long sleeve scoop necks and cable knit sweaters for $1.50 a piece. I was in sale heaven!