Last night I met up with a group of old friends....friends I made while interning in the PR/Marketing Dept. HERE WAAAAY back in 1991 (holy moley - that was 17 years ago! How is that even possible?). We had a delicious meal HERE. Wish it weren't clear the heck on the other side of town because that place is amazing.
Anyway, some of the people I met with last night have retired, some were also interns that went on to work there full-time and some have just moved on. I haven't seen most of them in years, yet I consider each one a dear friend.
I spent most of the day thinking of all the reasons I couldn't go. They included:
1. All of the house projects that aren't done.
2. All of the laundry that isn't done.
3. I could barely hold my eyes open by 5 p.m. - the kids, plus not much sleep, plus items 1 & 2 above WEAR ME OUT!
4. Bailey & Mark would have to miss their guitar lesson
5. And other random excuses.
Well, I talked myself into getting ready and going...and you know what? I wasn't 5 minutes down the road and I was already feeling energized. Now everyone knows that it makes sense to get out of the house now and then...away from the kids....but why is that so hard? No one is telling me I can't....but yet I feel like I shouldn't. What is wrong with me? I had an awesome time and want to do it again...hopefully next time I won't have an internal battle about whether or not I should go.