Meet depression's first cousin, overwhelmed.
I'm pretty sure Overwhelmed is a very close relative to depression. I wonder if he needs a visit from Uncle Prozac? Probably not - I think he'd rather see Aunt Cleaning Lady, brother handyman and Grandma & Grandpa realtor and home stager stop by for a visit. That would probably do it.
In all seriousness, I'm just sick to death of getting the house ready. It seems other people just decide to list - then list. They stick a sign in their yard, sell and move on. We, on the other hand, although making significant progress/improvements....we just can't ever seem to get all the way there. It is frustrating and overwhelming.
Stay tuned - I'm praying we can get this thing listed before school starts...which, by the way....4 weeks away. It isn't because I hate this house - not at all! I'm just absolutely in a funk about not being able to "settle" anywhere. I've lived here going on 4 years....3/4 of which has been shuffling things from room to room or getting ready to sell. I just want to feel like I can LIVE in our home. If I buy something decorative - I want to know that it will stay there until I want to move it...not because we need to move it so it will show better. You get me? This isn't anyone's fault, this feeling I"m having...it just is what it is. Anyway - enough whining - it's FRIDAY!
On my list today to contribute toward our goals:
* Re-hang stair rail to upstairs and reaffix light switch plates I took down when I painted
* Measure/Shop for new stair runner carpet for basement stairs
* Buy a ton of sponge brushes to repaint floor boards in the entire !#$^% house
* Mop laundry room floor (yeah, right...as if the laundry will EVER be off the floor so I can mop that room.....do we even own a mop? Swiffer-ing counts, right?)
* Call carpet place for measuring/install estimate (its either that or an allowance and I think maybe replacing it would work more to our advantage - someday when we call a realtor we'll know I guess)
* And of course the usual....laundry, picking up toys, loading/unloading dishwasher, etc. And, as usual...I won't have time to do any of this because...well...have YOU tried to get anything done with a 2-yr-old and a 9-month old around?
Man - I'm annoying this morning, aren't I? Just ignore me and carry on.