Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fight The Frump - No More Shlumpadinkas!

I just finished watching yesterday’s Oprah – “Shlumpadinka Makeovers.” You know the look (well – I do, anyway)….”dressy” sweatpants, over-sized sweatshirts, Mom jeans (gasp!). In this episode, several “schlumpadinka Moms” were given wardrobe makeovers. Although they primarily shopped at affordable stores, the looks created still take a big chunk of change. Maybe you can’t afford the $80-some dollar perfect fitted white cotton button-down shirt from Brooks Brothers, but you CAN take the must-have make-up advice from Oprah’s experts. (follow link below).

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200802/tows_past_20080220_d.jhtml

SOOOOO…..in effort to help all of you (and I’m soo with you on this my sistahs) fight the schlumpadinkas…..I wanted to remind you that concealer, lip gloss and a little cheek color are an incredibly affordable start to fighting the frump. Go to
www.marykay.com and look around. I have some INCREDIBLE lip glosses that’ll kick-start your own schlumpadinka makeovers. Once you’ve looked over the lip gloss colors, the concealers, the cheek colors and more – email me your favorites and I’ll place your order (or leave me a comment with how I can reach you) – you’ll be a fump-fightin’ mama in less than 2 weeks time. =-)

Put the word “schlumpadinka” in the subject line of your email to me and I’ll take 10% off of your order of $25 or more.

Thanks for taking a look!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I just watched that episode of Oprah that I TiVo'd! I didn't realize how much of a schlumpadinka that I really am!! I wish I could drop $100 on one outfit right now!! I guess I just try to spice it up with a little makeup, too! It is especially hard being 3 mo post pardom!

The Mom of 'em said...

you're telling me?! I long for the day when my clothes can't be mistaken for my pajamas. I was telling my husband that I love that scarf trick but afraid I'd look ridiculous....probably get the "she watched Oprah" looks. ha.

Tracy DeLuca said...

I missed that Oprah... wish I had seen it. I am trying just to make sure I get dressed before DH gets home from work! LOL But Ima gonna look at your Marykay because I LUUUUURRRRVVVVV Mary Kay!