* Friday I took the little kids to the mall to give our new double stroller a whirl (ours is purple and we did NOT pay this much for it!). LOVE IT! While at the mall I bought this for Grant. Not sure if it is creepy or cute...I"m going with cute. Also bought him this.
* Saturday afternoon & evening Mark watched the kids again - but this time it was ME time. I went to a friend's house to scrapbook. (trite, I know). I didn't accomplish near enough, but here's a look at my favorite pages. I didn't realize until AFTER that I scrapped the same photo - guess I like that one. ha.
* Sunday morning we went froze our butts off & went to church, came home and Mark converted Lauren's crib into a "big girl bed." Basically it is still a crib minus the front side-rail. Kind of like a mini day bed. Unfortunately we did this BEFORE nap....which meant for over 2 hours she tried on different pairs of shoes, pulled out barrettes from her drawer, read books....got in to EVERYTHING.
* Last night after the kids went to bed I sat down to watch The Grammy's. WOW! I don't know if I was just in a good mood because everyone was in bed, or if it really was THAT GOOD of a show! Lots of LIVE performances made for a very entertaining Grammy's. I missed the red-carpet stuff, so I can't really comment on fashions (darn it!)...but I will say that although Tina Turner is AMAZING for her age - some fashion trends just should be ignored....Tina....no more silver shiny corset-ey tops! No more skin-tight shiny silver pants! Go ahead and show off those arms & legs - but not that way! You look fabulous - don't ruin that with bad fashion! I loved her performance w/Beyonce though - good stuff! I planned to talk more about the Grammy's - but I've lost the will this morning. Especially after I read Bossy's post on the Grammy's. I had no prayer of being even HALF as funny as she is - so I'll just point you there for the recap. She is either getting more sleep than me or far less sleep than I am to be THAT funny. Oh - how I wish I had the Photoshop skills! Hilarious!
* This morning, Lauren got herself out of bed (despite the mesh bed rail to keep her from falling out), stripped naked, threw her wet diaper away, put a Pull-Up on (both of her legs through ONE Pull-Up leg), put her PJs back in the drawer, had pulled out a pair of pants and socks and was ready to get busy with the big-girl routine. Wow. I'm already dreading nap time though - Duct tape anyone? =-)
* This morning is FRIGID and I'm SICK OF IT!!! 3°F with a NEGATIVE 13 degree wind-chill factor. I was going to take the kids to Toddler Time at the library and get a few groceries....but it is too cold!!! I heard on the news last night that we have had over 40 inches of snow this season - compared to Minneapolis' 20-some inches. GO AWAY WINTER!
* Today I need to plan meals (makes life SO much easier), clean & do laundry and make some appointments. I also hope, hope, hope to scrapbook some more. This all hinges on Grant taking an afternoon nap. He's been fighting it HORRIBLY lately - which means at 5 p.m. he conks out for the night....which means he's up at 3 or so rarin' to go. NOT GOOD. So I'm desperately trying to fix that situation. Mommy needs sleep!! (again.)