Tuesday, March 25, 2008

All Before 8:00 a.m.

Grant had shots yesterday (6 months...just a little early). He was/is fussy, running a low-grade fever, not hungry, wants to be held....poor baby. Because of this he was up at 2 a.m., 4 a.m. and 6:30 a.m....poor baby/me.

While I'm mothering my sick little man, Lauren brought me these in a plastic cup from her play kitchen:
She said "I broke my baby." Apparently ripped the eyelashes right off of her doll! And to think...just the other day she declared "Daddy? God is in my heart." =-) Thank goodness we don't buy NEW things - things that cost good money...I bought this Bitty Baby from a friend on-the-cheap...and here she is....eyelashless:

I explained to her that we need to treat our toys nicely, etc.....to which she replied "OK! Mommy!" in the absolute sassiest tone I"ve ever heard. She was immediately put in a TIME OUT. This led to much kicking and screaming and carrying on....which led to a move to her bedroom where there was about 15 more minutes of this behavior. I know they say a minute for every year...but what lesson is learned if they haven't calmed down yet first? I think she needed to calm down and reach remorse (the I'm sorry) before she gets outta that time out. Finally she got there. shwew.

Then Bailey missed the bus, so Mark had to take her to school, making HIM late for work. yikes. All before 8 a.m.

No comments: